Sr. Electrical Engineering Analyst
8 - 10 years experience •
The Space and Power Management Group (SPM) is the power systems division of Microsemi Corporation and a leading designer and manufacturer of high performance power supplies, modules and power conversion systems in Power Management. We have a key opening at our Garden Grove, California facility. Microsemi SPM takes the approach of providing complete sub-system level power solutions for our customers. Our primary market is in Space Systems and other high reliability mission critical applications. We see ourselves as partners to our customers and define and provide differentiated solutions that address system and sub-system level challenges. We place great emphasis on validated solutions that work right the first time.
This key position within Engineering provides design reliability analysis (electrical and radiation), simulation, worst case analysis and component engineering capabilities. The role provides direct support of the development and sustaining of electronic power conversion products. In particular the candidate will take preliminary designs from lead electrical engineers and will mature them to full compliance standard through a process of simulation, design analysis and laboratory test verification. The candidate we select will have diverse responsibilities that include
- Analyzes preliminary engineering-design concepts of major product to recommend design or test methods for attaining customer-specified operational reliability, using knowledge of reliability engineering and other technologies
- Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve customer reliability objectives.
- Performs circuit simulation and worst case analysis, including radiation effects and End of Life using Mathcad, SIMPLIS / Simetrix, SPICE, or equivalent
- Performs MTBF calculations
- Analyzes projected product utilization and calculates cumulative effect on final system reliability of individual part reliabilities.
- Performs failure mode and effect analysis per MIL-STD-1629 and MIL-HDBK-338B to identify components that pose excessive failure risks. Proposes changes in design.
- Supports writing acceptance and qualification test procedure documentation as required by customer specification and statement of work (SOW) or Standard Product requirements.
- Reviews engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements
- Supports proposals for new products, and modifications to modify existing products
- Minimal domestic and International travel required 0-10%
- Requires a BS Electrical Engineering (BSEE) and 8 years of related experience; MSEE and three years of related experience
- Must have a strong understanding of the fundamentals in power module design and analysis.
- Proven ability to initiate and complete circuit simulations for end of life and worst case analysis on complex power modules, including radiation effects and End of Life using Mathcad, SIMPLIS / Simetrix, SPICE, or equival
- Minimum of 5 years of recent relevant work experience in high reliability aerospace electronics environment, preferably in space applications.
- Must be proficient in the following: MathCAD, Spice based Circuit Analysis Programs and MTBF calculation tools or equivalent (i.e. Relex).
- Candidate must have excellent Technical Writing skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Strong ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and interface well with peers and management in a corporate setting
- This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3) IND123
- Relevant experience with radiation design margins, single event, and total dose requirements, analysis, and testing.
- Proficient in Magnetic Design Analysis, highly desired.
- Understanding of FIDES methods is preferred.