Sr. Electrical Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Hardware
This person will be a member of the Product Development team with primary responsibilities to design, analyze, test, and troubleshoot mixed analog/digital hardware electronics for new product development and sustaining activity. The person must be able to operate interdependently in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on multiple concurrent, cross-functional projects. A successful candidate must have deep knowledge of hardware electronics and experience in embedded electronics and software. This position requires involvement in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements, research, design, validation, documentation, release, and maintenance.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ultimate accountability for the performance of all electrical designs used in our products.
- Interface with contract manufacturers to make sure designs are stable, economical, and manufactured correctly.
- Complete designs on time and on budget within agreed upon specifications.
- Determine when design refreshes are needed due to cost/performance changes or component life cycles.
- Assist in developing automated processes for production.
- All other duties as assigned by the VP of Engineering.
Relationships & Roles:
- Perform all aspects of system engineering including: concept, architecture, block/functional diagrams, system level schematics, schematic capture, PCB design and complete documentation
- Perform development, hands-on design, debugging and support of analog/digital as well as real-time embedded electronics
- Use various design tools and techniques for design of analog and digital electronic circuits including low noise analogcircuits, op-amps, filters, A/D and D/A converters, microprocessors, signal processors, communications processors, power supplies, etc.
- Develop electronics solutions to meet technical specifications, cost budget, packaging and other design constraints using combination of simulation, analysis, prototyping and testing
- Support new technology development initiatives and other critical projects
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form critical technical information regarding electronic and electrical system design and performance
- Interface with manufacturing engineering and other cross-functional teams as required
Job Specifications (skills and experience):
- BS/MS in ElectricalEngineering and 7+ years related experience
- Experience with low noise analog and digitalcircuit design and analysis
- Proficiency in using schematic diagram development tools, component layout tools, and simulation tools
- Experience in serial communication protocols: RS232, USB, Ethernet, EtherCAT, Profibus
- Experience with LabView and C programming languages
- Familiarity with the printed circuit board fabrication process
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills