Responsible for detailed electricaldesign for new medical devices products. Working closely with the other engineers to develop analog and digitalcircuitdesigns for the electrical, optical, mechanical, and computer control sub-systems. Perform failure and root cause analysis at the component and system level.
- Define new product system architecture such as sensor inputs, motor controller, communication interfaces, computer control and user interface.
- Work with component vendors to qualify parts to support the needs of the system architecture.
- Develop requirements and specifications for electrical components, electrical sub-systems, and PCBs.
- Perform electricaldesign from concept, prototype to final product. Implement circuitdesign, schematic entry, and oversee board layout for system circuit boards.
- Develop computer system and microcontroller design requirements. Implement test and bring-up strategies for new electrical and microcontroller components.
- Support validation and verification activities such as creating and executing protocols as well as documentation. Conduct board and system level verification and validation testing.
- Perform design control functions such as updating the Design History Files, generate specifications, test protocols and reports. Conduct design review and risk management assessments.
- Provide EE support for product design transfer to manufacturing including prototype and test fixture building, failure and root cause analysis of electrical sub-systems and components.
- Develop automatic system and module testing protocols to support manufacturing and production activities.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant EMC and electrical safety standards such as IEC-60601 and RoHS
Education & Experience:
- BS/MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- 6+(BS) or 4+(MS) years of related experience
- Experience developing programmable electronic systems architecture from concept to implementation.
- Solid experience with analog and digitalcircuitdesign, including embedded microprocessor, microcontrollers, FPGA, RAM, Flash, and other peripherals.
- Proficiency with system level hardware design and architecture, electronics development and analysis, system reliability, and risk mitigation
- Experience with standard embedded communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, and CAN
- Thorough understanding of EMC and electrical safety design principles
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of schematic design using Orcad or other electronic CAD systems
- Ability to build prototype circuitry and simulate design in a circuit simulator application such as PSpice
- Familiar with electronics lab instruments, such as oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzers
- Excellent hands-on ability to build, debug, and modify the system and perform system failure analysis
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively (written and verbal) across multiple locations and teams
- Medical device experience is a plus.