Sr. Electrical Engineer – Test Systems
What you'll do:
- Help to define and implement test and verification methodology at the board and box level.
- Lead board/box/subsystem level electronics trouble shooting, resolution of hardware anomalies root cause and corrective action.
- Design and implement test fixtures including test plans and procedures.
- Author test plans and write, review, update, and implement test procedures for the purpose of prototype, qualification, and acceptance testing of electronic board and box level assemblies.
- Maintain required test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Provide technical oversight and support to technicians and engineers.
- Coordinate and work with teams of technicians and engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two yearsof related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agencyrecognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A foundation of electronics board design, implementation, and test will allow for this test engineering position to respond to anomalies found during test by analyzing the circuit design and requirements to understand the intent and recommend corrective actions more rapidly within process guidelines.
- Strong circuit design, test, troubleshooting, and anomaly resolution of electronic circuits.
- Experience with design and implementation of high-speed digital electronics, Analog circuitry, FPGAs, and embedded processor systems.
- Familiarity with signal and power integrity analysis of digital/FPGA designs.
- Experience with design, analysis, and layout of PCBs with high-speed digital line rates of 1+Gb/s is a plus.
- Familiarity with PCIe, Ethernet, DSP, 1553, VPX, Infiniband is a plus.
- Experience in key electrical systems design for circuit designs such as microprocessors, FPGAs, command and telemetry designs such as MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, VME, cPCI, low noise analog, 1394 "firewire", and custom designs are desirable.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in the complete life cycle of electronics development: requirements definition, architectural design, detailed design and analysis, manufacturing, test, integration, and post-delivery support.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.