Are you ready to unleash your technical creativity? Dream, Innovate, Inspire and Empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination! Electrical engineers at Sierra Nevada Corporation research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll conceptualize and design new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle from analog and digital electronic circuit card assemblies to fully integrated systems.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or other related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering principles and practices
- Experience with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Progressive experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Experience with Electro Magnetic Effects (EME) to include, Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI).
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system.
- Willingness to work on a small team performing complex engineering design evaluations for a diverse mission where everyone’s input matters.
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance with SAP eligibility required
- Exposure to simulations through functional and logical models and system analysis
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Familiarity with design requirements related to High Intensity Radiated Field (HIRF) and Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL)
- Knowledge of industry-standard electrical design principles, to include, but not limited to model-based definition, electrical component selection, manufacturing, and production processes.
- Experience developing, decomposing and allocating E3/EME requirements to subsystems and components to achieve total system performance.
- Experience integrating, testing and certifying systems to E3/EME requirements.
- Familiarity with preparation and development of project estimates, technical proposals, and program cost and schedule management.
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility US Security clearance.