Sr. Electrical Engineer
Our client, a reputable, established company is looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer to join their team in Rochester, NY as a full-time employee. The Sr. Electrical Engineer provides leadership and direct engineering support to product development projects. This includes overseeing the engineering and design of hardware, software, and firmware as appropriate to meet subsystem and total system requirements. This position works collaboratively with all engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical, optical, metrology, and software) for successful product commercialization. Our client offers a competitive compensation package including bonus, relocation assistance and great benefits!
* Design major electrical systems and subsystems for new commercialized products.
* Enhance existing electrical subsystems to reduce cost, improve performance, and provide additional options/features.
* Create design documentation including manufacturing test requirements and product verification.
* Provide technical direction and training for junior engineering and manufacturing personnel.
* Lead and manage new commercialization projects, technical risk management, and problem-solving activities that includes cross-disciplinary team members.
* Apply strategic decision making for electrical / electronic technology management for new products and product subsystems.
* Minimum of BS in Electrical Engineering or degreed equivalent with technical focus.
* Strong project management experience with a proven track record of successfully completing projects on-time and within budget.
* 5+ years of experience with proven results in the design of machine systems.
* Analog and digital (more important) circuit design.
* Microcontroller hardware and software skills; VB and C / C++ experience a plus.
* Proficiency using CAD software.
* Hardware description language; VHDL skills a plus.
* Experience with Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
* Must understand how a functioning circuit board works, and the consequences of decisions made regarding circuit board design. Circuit layout experience is helpful.
* Overall systems architecture experience - high-level understanding of electrical systems.
* Some experience with Servo system design.
* Ability to work effectively in cross-functional team environments, as a team participant or team leader.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills at various technical levels.
* Ability to adapt to evolving design requirements.
* Detail orientation, strong ability to work with ambiguity, problem solving skills, self-direction, quality-minded approach.
* Flexibility to work up to 45 hours a week, and long days/weeks a couple of times a year when there is a push to get products out for trade shows, etc.
* Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help resolve issues as a "de facto manufacturing engineer."
Valid through: 9/2/2020
$80K — $100K
5 days ago