Las Vegas, NV
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 47 days ago
The Quality Engineer Lead shall provide quality support to all aspects of the SG operations, ensuring the integrity of components and products meet Scientific Games engineering requirements. The individual will aggressively drive quality improvements; ensure company standards are adhered to, and driving organizational initiatives towards achieving On time and Accurate and “zero defects” performance. Required to identify and implement process improvements as part of the Lean Manufacturing philosophy at Scientific Games. The individual will foster cross functional support to implement process improvements and problem-solving efforts for the operations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Proactively identifies and facilitates projects in assigned areas.
• Interfaces with multiple departments to ensure projects are completed in the assigned established time frames.
• Provides training of existing and newly hired quality personnel in assigned areas.
• Proactive in establishing open communication lines with supplier and customers.
• Participate in root cause analyses of problems found and in developing countermeasures to remove the causes; insure that defined countermeasures are implemented and are effective.
• Processes non-conformance activities and corrective action reports, when necessary, by using analytical skills and driving an 8D problem resolution approach and 5 Why’s root cause analysis.
• Support the SG production line, customer and supplier related issues by reporting and managing resolution through existing reporting systems (Oracle).
• Reduce quality non-conformances and cost of poor quality, through the use of quality tools (SPC, Root Cause Analysis, 8D, Lean, Six Sigma, and KPI) and validate improvements through defined measurements.
• Proactively and effectively work with external and internal stakeholders to minimize ongoing quality/performance issues by requesting and reviewing Corrective Action Report submissions from stakeholders to ensure appropriate resolution of issues and by maintaining a regular cadence of supplier, customer and service quality discussions (governance)
• Facilitate failure & metrics analysis cadence, Supplier Business Reviews, Service and Internal department Quality Team meetings to detect trends and opportunities.
• Drives quality improvement efforts internally and externally and communicates benefits realized to upper management.
• Support on-site quality system assessments and capability audits to evaluate potential new or existing suppliers in support of Strategic Procurement and Sourcing in selection of new Suppliers.
• Serve as primary Supplier/Customer Quality interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and customer installation.
• Provide New Product Introduction quality support by engaging early in the launch process, driving completion of the Launch Readiness Acceptance Checklist and defining appropriate qualification metrics and post launch quality expectations
• Support supplier and customer development projects to enhance the entire supply chain capabilities in both processes and systemic quality improvements.
• Provides quality guidance and support to organizations such as Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering, Project and Product Management, Compliance and Field Service Techs including effective use of problem-solving tools / techniques, statistical analysis and inspection equipment and techniques.
• Review and make dispositions on first articles submissions, to ensure they are submitted and approved to organizational requirements.
• Assists in mentorship, evaluations and recognition of staff to promote and engage employees.
• Lead and participate in Continuous Process Improvement and lean initiatives.
• Travel 10% to 25% of the year (domestic and/or international).
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in supplier or manufacturing quality engineering. Experience working with electrical, electro-mechanical or mechanical assemblies is required.
• Previous Project Management experience preferred.
• Casino/Gaming experience preferred.
• Practical knowledge of Six Sigma principles. Green Belt or Black Belt certification is preferred.
• BS degree, preferably Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent in work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Good understanding of Statistical methods, quality tools, and methodologies (DFx, SPC, APQP, FMEA, 8D, Poke Yoke, and Control Plans).
• Proficient with statistical analysis tools such as Minitab, and high level skills working with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or TS 16949 is a plus.
• Strong tactical planning and execution, effective time management and organizational skills. Project management skills are a plus.
• Strong communication skills and ability to effectively deliver information to upper management levels
• Practical knowledge of Six Sigma principles. Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus
• Proficient understanding and interpreting engineering specifications, mechanical drawings, and/or electrical schematics.
• The work conditions are representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.