NuVasive is seeking an Electronics Engineer to become a key member of our computer-based spinal surgery platform development team. The right candidate for this position can expect to work with our experienced engineers to develop our next generation biomedical device. Work will include product and circuit design and product improvement. The work will be highly collaborative with both internal customers and external suppliers. This opportunity represents a unique opportunity for growth-oriented candidates with some experience interested in working in a smart, team environment with opportunities to develop their expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translating product requirements into circuitry and systems designs
- Develop engineering solutions in a mixed analog/digital environment including amplifiers, FPGAs and embedded microcontrollers
- Documenting, implementing, integrating and verification testing of designs
- Develop specifications of components, circuits and systems
- Prototype creation and testing
- Collaborate with vendors and procurement team to specify, purchase and oversee fabrication of prototypes and pilot runs
- Develop, document and execute testing protocols for circuits and systems
- Administer and implement design changes to bring the product to the regulated medical device market
- Perform engineering analysis; conduct testing and data analysis on a variety of problems to ensure product functionality and reliability
- Document purchasing specifications for electronic components used in the designs using NuVasive’s corporate processes and design entry tools
- Performs work independently, but knows when to engage fellow engineering colleagues for their experience
- BSEE/ BSEET or equivalent experience
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience in documenting, testing debugging digital and analog circuits and systems.
- Experience with schematics, component data sheets and electronic test equipment.
- Schematic capture and circuit layout experience
- Proven track record of implementing and analyzing electronic and embedded solutions including ability to perform electronic design calculations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to respond and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in developing test plans, protocols/test scripts, result reports.
- Must be skilled with standard Office applications.
- Medical device development environment experience
- Altium tools experience
- FPGA and/or microcontroller tools experience
- Video standards and camera familiarity
- Optical systems familiarity
- Knowledge of C/C++ language in embedded environments