Are you ready to join a team of passionate multi-skilled engineers in the development of complex electronics systems that are on the leading edge of aerospace technology? We are looking for a highly skilled, self-motivated engineer to help architect the design of our next generation products.
Rockwell Collins HGS Electrical Engineering is responsible for all electrical engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of aerospace head-up and helmet-mounted display and guidance products, for both commercial and military applications. This position requires a background in both digital and analog hardware design. Experience in FPGA design and/or verification is preferred but not a requirement.
This position will be responsible for analysis, design, test, integration and troubleshooting of complex electronic hardware systems, beginning with requirements definition up and through the introduction of the design into manufacturing.
The engineer will be responsible for tasks related to a given development program and will provide engineering support, including schedule tracking and execution, performance against cost and milestones, reporting of status on assigned tasks and interaction with team members from other disciplines. This position will work with minimal supervision.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design mixed signal electronic circuits and/or FPGAs for commercial and military Head Up & Helmet Mounted Displays and avionics sensors
- Define electrical requirements for new designs and develop detailed performance specifications
- Perform preliminary design activities-including block diagrams, trade off studies and design reviews
- Perform detailed design activities – including schematic capture, design analysis, prototype tests, and design reviews
- Perform technical oversight and coordination of Printed Circuit Board designs
- Perform functional tests and design verification tests
- Support electricalqualification tests
- Present FPGA for FAA SOI Audits per DO-254
- Develop equipment to support integration test
- Oversee efforts of less experienced electrical designers
- Provide troubleshooting support to New Product Introduction manufacturing
- Define production test requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Experience in Analog and Digital printed circuit board design and troubleshooting
- Experience in FPGA design and verification preferred
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required
Job ID: 7434