- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Provides leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required
- PE license
- 15years’ experience with 480V & 5kV power systems and distribution equipment including Swgr & MCC specification & modification.
- Experience with motor circuits (power & control), lighting, grounding, electric heat trace, grounding, and area classification.
- Refining, petrochemical, or industrial plant experience a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or EasyPower
- Previous designexperience with secondary unit substations.
- Demonstrated experience with low and medium voltagedistribution and motor controls
(TOL 1737) in