Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on lighting up Microsoft experiences with touch first computing. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices and accessories that enable people's experiences. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
We are looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer to develop Surface products . This includes architecting, designing the mainboard, any flex circuits, component selection, etc. Candidate must bring a system perspective to product development. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally with different disciplines (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Software and Firmware) and suppliers to develop compelling, innovative products.
Successful candidates must demonstrate drive, excellent communication and teamwork and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10-12 years of work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Direct experience in high volume computers /communication devices /consumer electronics preferred.
- Must have a solid understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Must have direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, low power design, industry standard protocols ( USB PD & Data, wireless charging , DP 1.4 ,I2C,SPI, etc.) and their design issues.
- Must have experience with designing complex FPC ,handling RF leakage issues and Custom connector design
- Drive technical root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve system quality.
- Demonstrated initiative with a high level of energy, and methodical & efficient problem-solving skills including engineering DOEs.
- Develop project documentation including specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, schedules and presentations to meet requirements and communicate the electrical design and its progress
- Develops Schematics and BOM to meet the design requirements
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.