Careers that Change LivesWe value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
Medtronic’s MITG The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
Surgical Innovations set the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
As a Sr. Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of image guided products. You will provide technical solutions to difficult problems and represent the company in finding solutions to problems within a specific program. Ability to design and carry out a project to completion with general supervision. Develop and maintain supplier/vendor relationships as well as interface with all departments throughout the company. Simulate, prototype, verify, and document designs to clearly communicate the functional intent and compliance to requirements.
A Day in the Life
- Design and develop electro- mechanical products based on requirements
- Implement and maintain the project plans for new technology programs for others to follow
- Provide technical assistance as required
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained and completed for new technology programs
- Ensure appropriate documentation is transferred to product line specific areas during commercialization phase
- Plan, design, review, and oversee the testing of devices according to international electrical emission, immunity and safety standards
- Develop and evaluate new ideas and new technologies
- Provide information to senior management regarding the impact of new technology programs or new product lines acquisitions on the business
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System
- Perform duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations
- All other duties as assigned
- Travel requirement: 10-20
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- 4+ years of experience with Bachelors
- 2+ years of experience with Masters
- Less than one year of experience with a Doctorate
Specialized Knowledge Required
- Familiar with PCB and schematic layout tools
- System level design expertise
- Digital Engineer with some FPGAexperience
Nice to Have
- 7+ years of experience with a Bachelors
- 5+ years of experience with a Masters
- 3+ years experience with a Doctorate
- Experience and knowledge of robotics systems and motor controllers
- Expert knowledge of international medical electrical safety standards (EN-60601-1)
- Knowledge and experienceworking withelectrical and electronic devices in the medical industry
- Ability to develop products in pace with market changes
- Extensive knowledge of electrical emission, immunity and safety testing of medical devices
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems
- Comfortable working with High Voltage and XRAY emissions
- Familiar with quality control and regulatory processes throughout the company.
- Skilled with business and PCB layout and manufacturing software (preferably PADS)
- Capable of creating the initial design when given a concept, implement the design process and bring the product to completion.
- Knowledge in electrical and electronic manufacturing processes as they apply to the design process.
- Team Oriented