Description: Job Title: Sr Electrical EngineerJob Code: IMS20200810-51588Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
L3Harris Sonoma EO, located in Santa Rosa, CA is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.Responsibilities:We are looking for an electronics design engineer to develop complex circuits for the control of airborne imaging systems and the processing of video signals.
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Design, develop, modify and analyze complex electronic hardware and/or systems
- Conduct independent technical investigations to improve system performance or solve difficult system issues
- Work with other functional areas to develop requirements, specifications, & test plans
- Recommend design approaches to meet requirements on new or existing products
- Work with procurement and suppliers to build prototype circuit boards
- Perform unit testing of hardware products
- Coordinate with other functional engineers to develop, test, and integrate systems
- Diagnose complex faults in existing systems and recommend design changes to improve performance
- Follow internal process to ensure conformance to established policies and procedures
- Provide timely production support and problem resolution
- Produce timely status reports
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects to specification and budget requirements
- Technical Acumen - Demonstrated through successful product development experience involving complex electronic system development. Able to show a history of complex design realization utilizing FPGA, CPU, GPU, and DSP technologies.
- Requirements Development - A demonstrated background in interpretation of system requirements to generate electronic subsystem requirements and specifications.
- Creative Solutions - Direct contribution to technical solutions that integrate multiple disciplines or technologies into systems that provide unique and differentiated capability; requires understanding of current and proposed technologies, as well as the interplay between technologies and engineering design.
- Test & Verification - Can articulate what and how key system performance parameters should be tested, can outline and write verification test plans, can perform testing and analyze results.
- Education - B.S. Degree in an electronics-related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. M.S. Degree preferred.
- Experience - 6 years of related experience with B.S. Degree; 4 years with M.S. Degree.
- High level of expertise in at least 3 of the following areas and basic capability in the other areas:Strong mechanical, mathematical, & geo-spatial comprehension skills
- Required: Significant knowledge of circuit design, schematic capture and PCB (printed circuit board) layout using ECAD tools (Altium preferred)
- Experience analyzing and designing digital circuits that incorporate FPGAs, CPU's, GPU's, and DSPs
- Experience in Analog design such as: Motor drivers, power circuits, EMC/EMI noise reduction, motion control methods
- Knowledge of general electronics, digital design, analog control, power distribution, signal integrity, data and video communications
- Understanding of the hardware development process, documentation, quality assurance, board turn-on and debug integration testing
- Experience with VHDL
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities with the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to effectively plan and organize projects and manage priorities
- Acute attention to detail and deadlines
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Pre-employment federal level drug screening and background checks are standard.
- L3Harris is an e-Verify Employer.
- Some repetitive motion activities
- Visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information
- Able to use a computer/keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to use office, test equipment & computers/peripherals in an office/lab environment
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs, with assistance
- Fast paced, schedule-driven environment
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary