With 2017 revenues of approximately $15 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 74,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230+ offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs Global Construction, Maintenance and Turnaround (CMT) group is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global CMT group provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
Position Summary:Candidate will participate in design, coordination and execution of electrical projects for our clients. Candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented professional with demonstrated experience in electrical engineering design of Oil & Gas systems.
- Prepare all electrical engineering deliverables including:
- Area Classifications
- Equipment Index & Specifications
- Design drawings including System Architecture, Panel Layouts with BOM, Power Junction Box (PJB)
- One-Line Diagrams
- Cable and Conduit Schedules
- Electrical Installation Details
- Coordinate details and miscellaneous design criteria with other engineering disciplines
- Develops the project design basis and identifies standards and specifications required on a project
- Creates and maintains project files, including shop drawings and discipline drawings
- Oversee other designers, driving safety and qualify into their designs
- Work closely with discipline engineers and designers to ensure a coordinated project execution
- Provide discipline specific design input to project scopes of work, project schedules and man-hour estimates
- Mentor to intermediate and junior level engineers
- Develops project scopes of work, project schedules and man-hour estimates
- Participates in meetings with the client, as well as project team, to establish project objectives and to facilitate the resolution of design concerns
- Review and approvals vendor submittals and approves electrical deliverables prior to formal issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Alaska or ability to obtain within 6 months
- 8+ years of Engineering experience; 10+ years experience is preferred
- 6 years in Oil & Gas, 4 years upstream production, preferred
- In-depth knowledge of National Electrical Code and other electrical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Project delivery work flow
- Proficiency in ETAP and Microsoft Office
- Artic project experience, preferred