We are Raytheon Missiles and Defense, a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you'll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet.
We are seeking an Analog Design Professional to assume a key role within the System Power Analog and Controls Department .
- Job Description and Key Responsibilities: Act as designer on complex or challenging technical problems.
- Design BLDC motor control drives used in servo applications.
- Create analytical models (SPICE, MAST, VHDL-AMS, MATLAB, Excel, etc.) which prove compliance to performance specifications.
- Direct printed circuit layout of high speed designs.
- Design control loops and analyze stability of linear control systems.
- Serve as "Responsible Engineering Authority" (REA) for complex circuit card assembly design efforts. Generate and/or compile all required analysis and documentation verifying compliance with program and performance requirements.
- Provide accountability to program and functional leadership for technical execution on time and within baseline budget.
- Present technical briefings to management, program officials, and technical staff. These must be well-prepared, with adequate data and clear messaging.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DoD Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Please note this position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engineer I depending on the candidate's skills and experience .
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
U.S. Citizenship required.
A minimum of 6 years of experience in electronics design with emphasis on analog design, power design and motor servo design required. Must have experience with 5 or more of the following areas:
- Printed circuit layout techniques for high frequency, low noise circuits.
- Design for electromagnetic interference, and working knowledge of military specifications.
- Design experience with position feedback and measurement systems.
- Design experience with servo control systems.
- Experience implementing motor drive and controls techniques.
- Experience creating and giving complex technical presentations.
- Design experience with BLDC motor drive controls.
- Circuit design experience with PWM drives used for motors with voltages >130 VDC and up to 90 Amps.
A minimum of 6 years of applied experience with a BS in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
- Desired Skills, and Experience: Demonstrable ability to design using microcontrollers and FPGA's.
- Digitally implemented motor drive experience.
- Impeccable professionalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.