Sr. Electrical Engineer
5 - 7 years experience •
We have a new opening for a Sr. Electrical Engineer at our Garden Grove facility. This key position within Engineering executes electrical design and development of power and control electronics.
The Space and Power Management Group (SPM) is the power systems division of Microsemi Corporation and a leading designer, manufacturer marketer of high performance modules and systems in Power Management. Our primary market is in Space Systems and other high reliability applications such as flight critical aviation systems. We see ourselves as partners to our customers and define and provide differentiated solutions that address system and sub-system level challenges. We place great emphasis on validated solutions that work right the first time.
- Defining new technology roadmaps for future PMG power systems
- Designing and implementing power conversion designs to requirements
- Designing and integrating digital control, monitoring and communication hardware and firmware into standard and custom power system products
- Analyzing requirements for proposals and the developing winning solution concepts, presented in clear and convincing style in proposal technical sections
- Managing technicians through the breadboard, prototype and first article design verification phases of new product development
- Solving customer application problems and technical issues relating to power conversion.
- Liaising with Sales and Marketing to optimize the revenue potential of new standard product designs
- Conducting performance evaluations on new power IC devices, including making a determination as to what to test and how to test it as well.
- Liaising with Mechanical Design and Drafting functions to ensure robust and producible product designs
- Liaising with Component and Reliability Engineers to maintain exceptional reliability while pursuing reduction in cost of production.
- Analyzing and developing Test Plans and procedures for Qualification and Acceptance processes
- Analyzing product component requirements and developing procurement control drawings and documentation to ensure compliant product Bills of Material
- Analyzing product test non-conformance items. Developing cause and corrective action plans for product specification compliance. Developing cause and corrective action plans for product support processes
- Performing failure mode and effect analysis, using computer-aided engineering equipment, to identify components that pose excessive failure risks. Propose changes in design
- Advises on designs to give achieve compliance to requirements, reliability and producibility. Acts as an independent reviewer on design compliance
- Reviews engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements
- Observes conduct of tests at supplier, plant, or field locations to evaluate compliance factors, such as numbers and causes of unit failures. Monitors failure data generated by customer using product to ascertain potential requirements for product improvement
- Supports new product proposals, and proposals to modify existing products
- Minimal domestic and International travel required 0-10%
- Requires a BS Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent years will be considered
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in high reliability aerospace electronics environment
- Must be proficient in one or more of the following: MathCAD, Spice Circuit Analysis Programs
- Must possess a record of achievement in power supply product development
- Must possess proven ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Candidate must have excellent Technical Writing skills.
- Requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Strong ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and interface well with peers and management in a corporate setting