The Test Engineering & Service Center of Excellence is seeking to fill a Sr. Electrical Engineering position with a talented individual who possesses a BSEE, BSCmptrE or Computer Science degree. The primary responsibility for this position is to develop and sustain manufacturing and service test equipment in support of multiple products and programs. The engineer who fills this position must have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This position will heavily utilize software development and debug skills on multi-rack test stations. These test stations include but are not limited by the following COTs equipment: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position also requires development and support of ESS and vibration test equipment and software suites.
- Thorough understanding of RC processes/tools (documentation (PDM/Eng central), SCL, IMPACT, SAP, ClearQuest)
- Factory support experience
- Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
- Excellent time management skills – ability to unsupervised, multitask and delegate work to support technicians, EPA’s and peers.
- Software skills in LabWindows/CVI and LabView desired
- Software skills in C++ and .net are a plus
- Extensive experience in managing small teams through hardware builds (parts ordering, build coordination, etc.)
- Experience with bidding project activities
- Mentoring new engineers
- Project management experience (PE) is a plus
- Identifying, categorizing, and averting project risks (risk management)
- Controlling changes to the project scope and baseline
- Coordinating test equipment design reviews and ensuring the generation of appropriate design documentation
- Design and implement activities required to deploy the project test solutions to world-wide destinations
- Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments
- Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers
- Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills
- Coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules
- This position will be located in Cedar Rapids, but the candidate may be required to travel on occasion
- Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship required.
Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
Experince with Commercial Off The Shelf equiment (COTS).
Experince controlling COTS via software.
Experince designing Test Equipment (Hardware) – PWBs, Fixtures, Intercae test adapter, Cables…
Job ID: 5370