Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electrical Engineer – Flight Deck Panels Hardware to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins’ Flight Deck Panels Hardware is looking for a strong technial electrical engineer with digital and analogcircuit card and unit design experience to join our team. The Flight Deck Panels Hardware team is responsible for technical oversight of control panel and compact interactive display hardware for the company’s Commercial Systems business unit. This includes design, development, qualification, certification, production transition, and product support activities.
The primary assignment for this position would be to support new product developments. Typical duties include:
* Requirements capture and review.
* Analog and digital schematic design and oversight of circuit card layouts.
* Optimization for production efficiency.
* Collaborating with manufacturing test engineers to develop production test software and hardware solutions.
* Oversight of DO-160 EMI and environmental testing.
* Verification of requirements.
* Creation of certification artifacts.
* Exploration of new technologies to meet future interactive display and control panel needs of the corporation.
* Perform limited project engineering tasks such as providing project status to engineering management and recommending product-line improvement priorities to the product-line manager.
* Coordination with application engineers and suppliers to determine root-cause and corrective actions of component failures.
* Updating electrical designs for parts obsolescence and new technology insertion.
* Reverse engineering of basic to complex electrical designs.
This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond 40 hour work weeks.
This position requires the commitment of professional working hours that may require the employee to extend beyond a typical 7:30 am to 4:30 pm workday, or beyond a 40 hour work week.
Have relevant analog and digital design experience.
Be capable of hand-on troubleshooting using engineering lab equipment.
Utilize strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Be able to multi-task and manage through unexpected events.
Be an ideal team player: be humble, hungry, and (people) smart
It is desired that applicants also have:
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Requisition ID: 8296