Provides engineering support of highly technical and advanced manufacturing processes typically requiring specialized qualifications, knowledge and/or skill.
- Performs project management and design, development, evaluation, and quality control functions on highly complex engineering projects, regularly offering innovative solutions to significant
- technical problems.
- Applies mathematical, physical science, and advanced engineering technologies in accomplishing engineering objectives.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
- Recognized authority within area of expertise with wide versatility of experience and capability. Performs project planning and manages project resources, including multiple individuals and disciplines, to achieve quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Conducts research and development experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality
- problems involving highly technical and scientific methods.
- Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings in formal specifications.
- Participates in establishing operating and maintenance procedures on new products and components.
- Uses advanced methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems. Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams. Responsible for work that may involve longer range and/or complex business objectives in field of expertise.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
You Must Have:
- Must be a US citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a government security clearance.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Seven or more years of experience in engineering of products or processes or technical activities, including application of advanced engineering principles and technology related to highly complex technical assignments.
- Five or more years of experience in manufacturing providing significant engineering support of skilled trades personnel.
- Experience working with a variety of manufacturing machines with varied complexities and their
- installation, maintenance, repair, and/or upgrade.
- Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and equipment reliability initiatives.
- Experience with the upgrade and/or maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of complex production manufacturing equipment and automated controls.
- Experience with production equipment controls including Computer Numerical Controls, Programmable Logic Controllers, Personal Computers, and other micro-processor based systems. Thorough understanding of electrical theory, circuits and hardware applications and experience with trouble shooting of electrical systems and circuits using electrical diagnostic tools/technologies.
- Machine design experience, modifications, upgrades, improvements, modernization, automation experience.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical schematics and logic sequences.
- Strong communication skills, project leadership experience, thorough understanding of Microsoft office applications.
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership.
- Ability to work without supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making. Ability to provide technical guidance, project management, consultative services, and innovative solutions.