This Sr. Electrical Engineer will develop complete sets of documents, drawings, calculations, and variations for the electrical scope of KATERRA building products. These products shall incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology and developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, and cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills, experience performing alternative analyses, experience working with cross-functional teams or in integrated project delivery approaches, and most importantly be driven to challenge 'typical' approaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will be a member of KATERRA's Building Product Engineering team. His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Development of Single Line Diagrams, Short Circuit Analyses, Arc Fault/flash assessments, Time Current Coordination, Neher-McGrath calculations, and Voltage Drop adjustments.
- Development of power and lighting plans and elevations for internal and external spaces.
- Development of device specifications and Basis of Design documentation.
- Oversee, review, or participate in detailing, BIM modeling, and high LOD electrical design.
- Partial/support development and review of Fire Alarm, Integrated Systems, and Telecom system designs.
- Perform EOR duties for prototype or first-build deployments of new KATERRA Building platforms; including owning of permit set packages and review of installation sets/models.
- Perform rigorous value engineering of electrical system designs factoring in costs, constructability, and manufacturability (i.e. prefabrication) and working with the product leads and other resources
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, architecture, etc. to develop high quality building products.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or Power Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in at least one U.S. state with the potential for reciprocity in all U.S. states.
- 5+ years as 'Engineer of Record' or 'Lead Engineer' for completed building projects
- 4+ year of experience reviewing submittal packages that included at least the following equipment: transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, panelboards, switchboards/gear, disconnect switches, automatic transfer switches, and lighting packages.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer or lead designer on commercial buildings, residential or mixed-used buildings.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer or lead designer on mission-critical facilities (i.e. data centers), industrial plants, or health-care facilities.
- 1+ years of experience reviewing or contributing to the design of low voltage systems (including Fire Protection, Telecom, Network, and Integrated Systems)
- 1+ years performing value engineering for electrical construction projects.
- Advanced knowledge and active experience in all the following tools: ETAP or SKM, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Revit, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of the most current electrical building codes (i.e. NEC) and practices.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years if experience in a lead engineering role for OSHPD, CEC-Title24, LEED
- 1+ years of experience performing cost/time estimating or project management for electrical construction projects
- 1+ years of experience as the main point of contact for the electrical discipline in integrated project delivery (IPD) projects
- Experience in software or technology product development or engineering
- Experience working at a company that performs prefabrication for electrical assemblies
- Experience in Medium/High Voltage utility connections, substations, relays, and generator systems
- Experience with CLT and concrete buildings
- Knowledge of specific standards in UL, IEEE, and other standard collections