Bergmann is currently seeking an ambitious Electrical Engineer to lead our electrical engineering team in the Atlantic Region. Engineer should be able to fill a leadership role in both project-based, and team-situations. They should have the engineering ability to design lighting, power and fire alarm systems for commercial, retail, education, institutional, and multi-use buildings. As well, they should have the ability to lead the electrical engineering group by mentoring younger engineers, coordinating staffing allocations, developing fee proposals, and collaborating with the rest of the building engineering group and architects in the pursuit of project success and client satisfaction
- Design Systems for medium and low power distribution, emergency power, lighting, lighting controls, fire alarm, telephone/data, CATV, public address, security & access control.
- Draft plans and specifications showing various levels of design completion
- Conduct electrical field investigations, product research, and code analysis
- Perform calculations for determining connected load, demand laod, lighting levels, voltage drop, short-circuit levels, protective device coordination, and arc flash.
- Size equipment consisting of panelboards, circuit breakers, fuses, transformers, disconnect switches, motor starters, generators, ATS's, light fixtures, fire alarm annunciation devices, conduit and wire.
- Collaborate with other design professionals on our project team to provide a coordinated electrical design
- Review shop drawing submittals & respond to RFI's
- 5 to 10 years experience working as a consultant in a client focused environment
- Proficiency designing site & interior lighting, low voltage power distribution, and fire alarm systems
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70-, NFPA 72, IECC, and ASHRAE 90.1
- Profiency in AGi32 lighting modeling software
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Revit
- Experience using COMCheck
- Experience in tele/data design
- Experience using power systems software such as SKM or etap for modeling short-circuits, overcurrent protective device coordination, and arc flash.
- Experience performing on site observations of existing conditions and construction progress
- Experience reviewing contractor shop drawings and responding to contractor RFI's
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.