At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Sr. Electrical Detailer – Building Products
This Sr. Electrical Detailer will develop drawings, bill of materials, and other details to achieve high Level of Development (LOD450/500) documents and installation sets for KATERRA building products. These products shall incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology and developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, and cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills and most importantly be driven to challenge 'typical' approaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Electrical Detailer will be a member of KATERRA's Building Product Engineering team. His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Develop LOD450/500 installation and prefabrication drawings, specific part selection, and bills of materials for electrical systems based on Bring Permit level (LOD200) drawings.
- Coordinate with Modelers to capture detailing information into BIM models and sheet sets.
- Coordinate with electrical engineers and designers to optimize engineering approaches, device layout, system sizing, schedules, etc.
- Coordinate with internal teams including supply chain, construction, manufacturing, and product leads to produce detailing outputs that are cost, constructability and manufacturability driven.
- Support the design of prefabricated assemblies for electrical systems.
- Coordinate with other MEPF detailers to develop high quality building products.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in electrical detailing at a US contractor
- 3+ years of experience as installer, manufacturer, or distributor of electrical construction systems or system components.
- 2+ years of experience as a detailer or installer on commercial buildings, residential or mixed-used buildings.
- 2+ years of experience as a detailer or installer on mission-critical facilities (i.e. data centers), industrial plants, or health-care facilities.
- Proven part/catalog knowledge associated with major electrical equipment/device suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge and active experience in all the following tools: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Revit, and Bluebeam
- Functional knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Proven experience performing detailing or installation in 2+ USA States.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2+ year of experience performing cost-estimates/takeoffs pre or post engineering for electrical construction projects.
- Proven experience performing detailing for Fire Protection or Low Voltage systems.
- Knowledge of Accubid or similar tools.