COBAN Technologies is a leading provider of body worn cameras and in-car video solutions. Our products are used by several of the largest police agencies in the country. We capture, transfer, store and manage petabytes of video evidence utilizing the latest technologies, including wearables, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud SaaS, storage area networks, mobile applications, IP video, and video streaming.
Advanced Digital and analog board level design of ruggedized mobile and wearable electronic equipment that comply with Industry, agency and manufacturability standards and requirements.
Complex Board level design, schematic creation, capture and layout, including embedded microcontrollers, microprocessors, DSP, high speed interfaces, digitalcircuit design, power electronic and analog design, FPGA (VHDL), product specifications, formal design specifications and reviews.
*This engineer will need the ability to apply state of the art knowledge of electrical design methods and practices to assure high quality, low cost solutions.
- MSEE required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is required
- 5+ years' design experience
- Experience/knowledge in product design, debug and testing as well as electronic interconnects, assembly processes and regulatory requirements
- Specialized knowledge in the following electronic design areas:
- High speed logic
- Serial interfaces such as I2C / SPI
- Battery charging systems
- High accuracy ADC systems
- Knowledge / exposure to thermal management and environmental requirements (shock, vibration, temperature)
- EMC Compliance
- RF Circuit design
- Due to current project mixes we require specialized knowledge and experience in Bluetooth, broadband and WiFi implementation
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including specification writing
- Ability to source lowest cost components that meet or exceed design requirements
- Knowledge of agency compliance requirements (UL, EU, CE, FCC, etc)
- Design for EMC compliance ? Know how to resolve EMC issues
- Ability to present high quality formal "design reviews"
- Provide concepts that exhibit a high degree of creativity, functional simplicity and overall design excellence
- Experience with design simulation and modeling tools
- Experience with low level embedded firmware development (preferred)
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Experience with RF Circuit design and issue analysis
- Ability to technically comprehend microprocessor-based embedded electronic, software, and mechanical packaging designs and requirements.
- Ability to technically comprehend testing, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing requirements.
- Ability to adapt electronic circuitry to vehicle and/or fixed equipment applications.
- Failure modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Able to make preliminary selections or adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Experience with designing to harsh environmental specifications- ?Mil-spec?
- Plan, coordinate, and perform product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of broad scope and/or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project.
- Comprehend and design real-time micro controller and/or digital signal processor based products for electronic assemblies to meet project requirements from concept through to production.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members, such as product management, software and mechanical engineers on design integration along with New Product Introduction activities
- Creation and production of Rapid Prototypes
- Research, develop, design, and testing of electrical components, equipment, and systems
- Component selection and Schematic creation
- Board layout to comply with agency and manufacturability requirements
- Bring up boards, test and debug designs to ensure correct operation under all operating conditions
- Support existing products with design changes and testing when required
- Demonstrate rigorous and methodical approaches to design and problem solving
- Lead in resolution of product-line based difficult technical issues whether within the company or with outside suppliers.
- Design, modify and evaluate electronic products for use in rugged environments to meet quality, delivery and cost goals
- Continually improve the design process and its integration with other disciplines ensuring the processes are adequately documented.
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products.
- Travel as required (domestic & international).