The Environmental, Health, Safety & Security Manager is a critical member of the Selkirk site leadership team and is responsible for developing the vision and executing programs to drive continuous improvement in Safety, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety Management, Environmental Compliance, Emergency Response, and Security. The Selkirk site is OSHA VPP Star and ISO14001 certified and employs about 490 employees working primarily in chemical manufacturing, plastics compounding, and research & development. The site is located in Selkirk, NY, just south of Albany, NY.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Lead and develop the EHS&S team comprising approximately 20 engineers and specialists and approx. 40 contractors.
- Lead the development of EHS&S programs and plans, ensuring that EHS&S priorities are integrated with site and business priorities, appropriate resources are allocated, and sustainable implementation is delivered.
- Drive proactive collaboration and engagement among all site employees to identify hazards and implement appropriate corrective/improvement measures.
- Use excellent influencing skills to drive accountability and improvement in EHS&S performance across the organization.
- Lead and maintain an integrated Safety Health and Environmental Management System, ensuring compliance with corporate standards, applicable laws and regulations, and accepted best practices.
- Manage activities and provide leadership to programs that ensure compliance with OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Develop and foster excellent community relations through engagement with local organizations including the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
- Ensure required employee EHS&S training is completed per applicable regulations.
- Monitor relevant EHS&S regulations, determine applicability, and ensure compliance.