At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) function concerns itself with the health and safety of employees through prevention of incidents, accidents, illnesses, injuries and protection of the environment. Included in the EHS function areas are environmental, safety, employee health, industrial hygiene, fire and security. The Senior EHS Specialist will be responsible for a variety of environmental, safety and industrial hygiene programs; risk assessments and audits; regulatory and Abbott reporting; assisting with project management; training; and monitoring.
- Develops, implements and manages plant environmental programs including waste, air, water and spill containment and prevention
- Manages and ensures compliance with plant air and wastewater permits
- Develops, implements and manages plant safety programs including hazard
communication, personal protective equipment, dangerous goods and radiation safety
- Supervises EHS Specialist
- Manages plant industrial hygiene program
- Implements and manages Abbott global technical standards
- Conducts risk assessments including chemical and ergonomics
- Assists with accident/incident investigations and conducts safety inspections
- Develops and conducts/coordinates EHS trainings
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene or related field
- Technical expertise in EHS; plant level experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations (i.e. OSHA, EPA, DOT)
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into policies and procedures
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to make good decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid strategic and analytical skills
- Program management skills, including proven ability to deliver thorough and timely solutions to issues and initiatives
- Ability to work independently to drive for results
- Good presentation skills
- Flexibility to come in on off shifts and weekends as needed toconduct training, accident investigations, etc.
A four year degree is required – Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene or related field