SUMMARY OF POSITION:
An integral member of the site EHS Department, whose primary responsibilities are to ensure a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety SOP’s, corporate standards and OSHA regulations, identify hazardous workplace conditions, remove hazards and/or protect employees by developing and implementing Job Safety Analyses (JSA’s) and risk assessments, and identify and implement activities and processes to continually improve the organization’s safety culture. The Sr. EHS Specialist will take a lead role in revising and improving the site’s safety procedures and management systems.
- Ensures a safe and quality working environment through training, awareness, and compliance to safety SOP’s, corporate standards and OSHA regulations
- Leads efforts as a team member in analyzing and continually improving the site’s Safety Culture.
- Develops and mentors others in developing Job Safety analyses (JSA’s) and risk assessments.
- Monitors and takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standards.
- Ensures that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Investigates and prepares required reports on injuries and incidents.
- Conducts safe work procedures and other safety training courses.
- Provides input on equipment installation, start-up operation, and trouble shooting.
- Ensures accountability, transparency, and effective communication cross-functionally and within the safety team and the EHS Department while guaranteeing information is timely, clear and accurate.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Required to participate in department on-call schedule.
- Assists with PSM/RMP and EHS activities.
- Assists with project reviews for compliance needs.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities and champion change when faced with adversity while incorporating team input.
- Supplies the highest level of internal and external customer service while having the ability to diplomatically challenge established procedures and systems.
B.S. degree in Occupational, Safety, and Health Engineering or related safety/technical field.
Advanced degree and/or professional certification (CSP, CHMM, CIH) preferred.
Minimum 5 – 8 years of experience as a Safety Professional required.
Previous experience in a pharmaceutical, chemical, or manufacturing environment working with hazardous materials preferred.
Experience with internal and external audits and inspections for regulatory compliance.