Primary Responsibilities include:
- You will build a proactive safety culture at the plant through a WISE2 Safety Management System. Create environment where employees, supervision and plant functional leaders are engaged in working safely.
- You will develop and implement EHS programs, policies, procedures and best practice techniques, implement new regulatory requirements, and provide control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the Company.
- You will develop, implement and drive cost-effective compliance and safety and environmental programs. Drive and support EHS capex projects.
- You will oversee and drive waste management and minimization strategies and achievement of Zero Waste to Landfill
- You will implement and maintain an EHS Management Systems and integrate EHS into other plant systems and processes.
- You will conduct EHS assessments at the facility, identify areas for improvement, lead corrective actions (from plant and corporate/3rd party audits). Report EHS results to manufacturing Plant Director and Sr. Director, Environmental Health and Safety. Participate in audits of other facilities.
- You will oversee all EHS training programs and requirements.
- You will investigate injuries/illnesses, near-misses and environmental incidents. Determine root cause of incidences and provide corrective action plan. Manage and track injury and illness data and environmental metrics. Lead reduction in injury and illness rates and environmental impact and costs. Serve as a champion for Sustainability projects.
- You will prepare, maintain, and comply with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting and Corporate EHS Standards. Advise on all EHS legislation and legal requirements. Ensure facility maintains ongoing compliance with Cal-OSHA/EPA requirements, safety standards, wastewater treatment plant operations, air permits and waste management practices.
- You will serve as the interface with local, state and federal agencies.
- You will have a Bachelors or Masters in Safety Environmental Health, Chemistry, or related field.
- You have at least 7+ years of EHS management experience within a manufacturing environment. Successful candidates must be knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS) and effective management skills.
- You have the ability to serve as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change and create alignment.
- You are adaptable and flexible.
- You work well under pressure and can effectively handle conflict, strict deadlines and multiple tasks
- You have the ability to assess and implement EHS best practices