Job description details
Develops and implements analytic and performance management tools, develops reporting, scorecards, and dashboards, and pulls necessary databases for special projects. Build key performance indicator reports and dashboards by working with stakeholders to understand their business needs and to help develop a business requirements document. Provides insights and improvement recommendations for the eCommerce business, working with all eCommerce areas. Identifies areas of opportunity, develops ad-hoc analysis to arrive at insights and communicates recommendations to leadership team. Leads in depth analysis of KPIs to ensure initiatives are implemented in an effective manner and are achieving desired results. Manages development of benchmarking analysis of the eCommerce business, which is the base for the strategic planning process.
- Leads ad-hoc analyses with cross functional teams to arrive at insights and recommendations to improve business effectiveness. Leads deep-dive analyses to ensure initiatives are implemented in an effective manner and are achieving the desired results.
- Pulling data using SQL or Interactive Reporter and visualizing this data in actionable insights using Excel, PowerPoint, Cognos, or Tableau.
- Leads development of operational dashboards, scorecards and KPI monitoring methodologies, collaborating with Ecommerce Analytics and cross functional business owners.
- Provides interpretation of financial and non financial metrics, evaluating progress on initiatives and providing insights and recommendations to the Ecommerce Leadership Team.
- Design, track, and distribute reporting and scorecards.
- Continually review and make recommendations for the improvement of our processes and technology in order to build a more quantitative and data-driven approach to eCommerce strategy.
- Leads industry benchmarking, interpretation of business trends, industry data and competitive landscape to identify opportunities and risks for the Direct business.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field, advance degreepreferred
- Area of study: Finance, MIS, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.
- Minimum 5years experience in related field
- Experiencein a Finance or Operational Analytical capacity, preferably in Ecommerce retail.
- A good understanding of sales, margin, and digital marketing programs and levers
- Experience with working with large data sets
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Skilled in compiling large amounts of data into innovative presentations of information
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written); ability to provide concise, clear reporting and actionable analysis
- Microsoft Office Suite – advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
The Ecommerce Sr. Analyst’s primary responsibility is to present actionable recommendations to drive incremental sales and improve the customer experience across all Office Depot digital properties. These objectives will be achieved through data mining, clickstream data analysis and packaging of key insights and recommendations in a clear and concise manner. Some key personality traits valued in this position are inquisitiveness, intuition, strongbusiness acumen and attention to detail. Tools frequently used in this position include Excel, Coremetrics, Tableau, SQL in the Teradata and AWS environments, SAS, R, Splunk, Cognos, PowerPoint and Watson.
This role frequently works with very large datasets with billions of rows, and the Analyst must be comfortable using the appropriate tools to analyze these datasets in an efficient manner. While the focus of this role is the on-site experience, the Analyst will be relied upon for subject matter expertise in digital marketing, omni-channelexperience, merchandising, pricing, finance, customer satisfaction, business trends and the competitive landscape to identify opportunities and risks to the Direct business.
The Ecommerce Sr. Analyst leads adhoc analyses with cross functional teams to arrive at insights and recommendations to improve the business. Additionally, they will lead deep-dive analyses to ensure initiatives are implemented in an effective manner and are achieving the desired results. It’s important to support internal customers by answering their questions and anticipating/answering their follow-up questions. They will need to continually review and make recommendations for the improvement of our processes and technology and help build a more quantitative and data-driven approach to eCommerce strategy.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field; advanced degree preferred
· Area of study: DIS, MIS, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, etc.
· Minimum 5 years experience in related field
· Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
· Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
Reference Number: 1255777