- System, including heat pump, radiator/fan cooling module, cabin air handling, A/C, e-heaters, related brackets, and hoses.
- Support sourcing of thermal components. Manage the suppliers throughout the design and development.
- Maintain and update the eBOM and CAD models in SmarTeam.
- Maintain and update Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) reports and Design Validation Plan and Reports (DVP&R) for the Thermal System and each component.
- Work with Powertrain Systems, Engine Controls, Manufacturing, Packaging, and Service Engineers to develop requirements, provide prototype parts, and support system level testing.
- Support manufacturing plant operations.
Character traits and related responsibility:
- Works with all levels of management and cross-functional leaders as required.
- Demonstrated self-initator with ability to identify and prioritize problems, perform research unprompted, recommend solutions, negotiate with key stake holders, and execute contingency plans with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for major analytical and planning assignments.
- Strong teamwork skills. Able to develop consensus, move the program forward, and develop win-win situations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of relevant standards (SAE, ASME, and ISO).
- 5-years experience in Automotive field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced in 3D Computer Aided Design System (Catia V5, Solidworks, Solid Edge, Auto CAD or equivalent).
- Strong understanding of hybrid / EV powertrain system .
- Knowledge of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software such as Smarteam is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.