Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots client infrastructure solutions. Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
• Performs account management duties to include research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
• Performs overall solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
• Performs project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
• Develops and reviews basic technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job as needed
• Assists in preparing statements of work and provides feedback for Request for Proposals (RFPs)
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems
• At least five (5) years of hands-on experience with core route/switch networking solutions
• At least five (5) years of hands on Data Center, Nexus (2k, 5k, 7k, NX-OS) experience
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of various types of network infrastructure components
• Demonstrated knowledge of various WAN technologies to include analog and digital circuits
• Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and data center solutions and strategies.
• Experience with protocol stack that includes advanced skills in layer 2/3.
• Demonstrated LAN/WAN design with extensive troubleshooting capabilities.
• Demonstrated ability to perform base network installation and configuration services
• Demonstrated knowledge of vendor supplied brands such as Cisco and F5
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving, and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
• Consulting experience
• Knowledge of project estimation and scoping
• Cisco Wireless experience.
• At least three (3) years designing and implementing Data Center related solutions with Servers (Blade servers, x86, Cisco UCS), OS Support (Windows, Linux and VMWare)
• Security experience with firewall such as Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, SourceFire
• Experience with Cisco’s Identity Services Engine (ISE)
• F5 experience
• One or more of the following Cisco certifications:
o CCNP / CCDP
o CCNA Wireless / Security Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or higher-level Cisco certification.
o Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or higher-level Cisco certification.
o CCIE R/S, CCIE Data Center certification