Vishay Intertechnology, Malvern, PA is currently seeking a full time Sr. Network Engineer responsible for the design, implementation, maintainance, and support of the Global Network, Enterprise WAN environment, related technical, and security platforms. As well as the completion of long term IT engineering projects. Performing engineering design evaluations and working to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Maintain and operate current environment. Research and determines network, WAN, security, and related technical platform needs.
- Implement new technologies, documents procedures, design new systems.
- Conducts evaluation of various technologies and provides reporting as needed.
- Selects systems and equipment based on analysis of specs.
- Provides full project management including vendor capabilities.
- Attends meetings and works effectively with other staff members to resolve problems.
- Researches, analyzes and compiles data for reports. Creates presentations.
- The ideal candidate will 6+ years hands-on experience in Cisco Networking equipment and related technologies.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols (e.g. TCP, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS, etc.).
- Experience with Wireless Lan solutions.
- Experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytic tools.
- Working knowledge of Security Platforms, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Wan Accelerators, DNS, DHCP.
- Solid understanding of Cisco Call Manager platform and/or F5 a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience. Cisco, Security, other related certifications desirable.