Sr. Network Security Engineer (Threat & Vulnerability)
We have an exciting opportunity to join our information security team as a Sr. Network Security Engineer. This position will join a security team centered around Threat and Vulnerability Management and interact with the Identity and Access Management team. If you are interested in safeguarding and defending some of the most sensitive personal information people have, join our team.
The Sr. Network Security Engineer will work under minimum supervision, requires in-depth knowledge of current security practices, regulations, standards, configurations and key technology. This position is responsible for the design, implementation, documentation and operation of the networksecurity tools and provides support to the security operations team. This position is responsible and accountable for the technical aspects of the enterprise information securityarchitecture, stability, and resiliency related to networksecurity solutions. The successful candidate strives to enforce security best practices, policies, standards and guidance to ensure the safeguard of proprietary data, physical infrastructure and resources from internal and external threats.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the maintenance and continual improvement of networksecurityinfrastructure, initiatives, integration, processes, and technical assessment support.
- Design, implementation, and support for networksecuritytechnologies
- Support mergers and acquisitions to ensure that they are designed and migrated securely
- Work closely with business-oriented executives and leads as well as technology-oriented personnel to ensure adequate processes are in place and actions are being taken to mitigate identified risks proactively.
- Provide input to the department's leadership for enhancing the information security strategy.
- Assist departments across the organization in understanding and implementing security policy objectives in ways that are cost effective, and align with business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or year for year related experience
- 4+ Years as a Network Engineer with an emphasis in NetworkSecurity and firewalls
- CCNA or CCNP Certification
- Experience with traditional and next generation firewalls (NGFW).
- Security certifications a plus. (CISSP, HCISPP, GIAC, CISA)
- NetworkSecurity Best Practices for Traditional and Next Generation Firewalls (Cisco ASA and Palo Alto)
- In depth understanding of Cisco Routing and Switching
- Strong systems and network background with an emphasis in secure configuration and hardening.
- Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory obligations (PCI DSS, HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST Framework, etc.).
- Demonstrates the core values of inquisitive, passionate, positive attitude, and team-minded.
- Good communication skills ability to take technical details and simplify for explanation with Project Management and Leadership
- Prioritize tasks effectively to meet project deadlines and deliverables
- Understanding of the technical components of a networkinfrastructure/architecture and their interactions.