NewWave is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. NewWave began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
NewWave is currently seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer to provide onsite and offsite support primarily in Reston, VA or Washington, DC.
- Provide SME support on security systems standard for network/ application / database; providing technical support as needed.
- Advise customers on security best practices based on infrastructure need.
- Evaluate customer current security posture and report on possible deficiencies.
- Prepares security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Develop custom, efficient, complete Cloud management strategies for AWS and other cloud providers.
- Network , Application and Database Security hardening background, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Protocols, Networking Standards, Data analysis capabilities
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, or AWS Solution Architect Certification
- Security tools familiarity such as Vulnerability/ Network scanners, Firewalls, Intrusion prevention, Data loss prevention, Assessment tools
- Familiarity with NIST Cybersecurity Standards (800-53, 800-171) & FISMA, PCI-DSS, HIPAA Security Standards
- Supervision, Conceptual Skills, Decision Making, Informing Others, Functional and Technical Skills, Dependability, Information Security Policies
- Active Security+, CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA Certifications
- Cisco CCIE, CCNP Routing and Switching, Cloud Security
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.