The Sr. Network Security Engineer will work under minimum supervision, requires in-depth knowledge of current security practices, regulations, standards, configurations and key technology. This position is responsible for the design, implementation, documentation and operation of the network security tools and provides support to the security operations team. This position is responsible and accountable for the technical aspects of the enterprise information security architecture, stability, and resiliency related to network security solutions. The successful candidate strives to enforce security best practices, policies, standards and guidance to ensure the safeguard of proprietary data, physical infrastructure and resources from internal and external threats.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the maintenance and continual improvement of network security infrastructure, initiatives, integration, processes, and technical assessment support.
- Design, implementation, and support for network security technologies
- Support mergers and acquisitions to ensure that they are designed and migrated securely
- Work closely with business-oriented executives and leads as well as technology-oriented personnel to ensure adequate processes are in place and actions are being taken to mitigate identified risks proactively.
- Provide input to the department's leadership for enhancing the information security strategy.
- Assist departments across the organization in understanding and implementing security policy objectives in ways that are cost effective, and align with business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or year for year related experience
- 4+ Years as a Network Engineer with an emphasis in Network Security and firewalls
- CCNA or CCNP Certification.