As part of the Network Infrastructure team, you will have oversight and technical direction of system-wide issues requiring advanced levels of understanding of network theory and the specific enterprise networkarchitecture. Providing the highest level of technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of networksecurity solutions, you will establish overall strategic network standards and priorities, analyze the optimization of networksecurity and performance, oversee the strategic interface of network systems configuration and incorporate broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols. Additionally, you will provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Work as part of a collaborative, multidiscipline team and provide technical subject matter expertise in the field of networksecurity engineering and operations
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (eg. LAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Understands how the overarching INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the enterprise
- Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies and technology layers (LAN, WAN, Wifi, OS, etc.) within a single, enterprise network. Evaluate new network technologies and makes recommendations regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing networkinfrastructure. Plans new designs and configurations for integration into the enterprise network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics and network interconnect points to ensure effective integration and optimal networksecurity and performance
- Provide support to include installation, configuration, and tier III support for network and security technologies including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), PKI, 2FA etc. Run simulated tests to validatenetworksecurity of LAN, WAN, Wifi and systems. Configure/test/maintain networkinfrastructure that connects to enterprise architecture. Needs to have knowledge of network intrusion detection
- Minimum 10 years experience in a high-end networksecurity engineering capacity
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of network operations experience is required. Two of which are preferably in a management or technical leadership role.
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN technologies to include private wireless networking.
- Expert level knowledge in switching technologies and data center networking technologies
- Advanced working knowledge of routing technologies and routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and/or EIGRP.
- Working knowledge of Telco service provisioning/implementation process.
- In depth knowledge and proven experience with network management and network diagnostic and troubleshooting tools/techniques.
- In depth knowledge and proven experience with network capacity planning.
- In depth knowledge of Palo Alto Networks, Arista, Cisco, Aruba
- Experience with scripting and/or automation of network tasks. Must be familiar with DevSec Ops
- Ability to solve network design challenges.