Requisition Number 54041
The Sr Network Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring high quality networking support is delivered to Assurant by leading network engineers and managing resource tasks assigned on various IT team projects. The manager works withother IT/Business professionals to successfully implement networking technology and provide infrastructure maintenance and support for high systems availability. This position is also responsible to develop and maintain positive relationships with all technology stakeholders, Assurant Businesses and Business Partners.
- Supervise network operations staff including hiring, training, and evaluating.
- Guide or provide work direction to technical staff and contract staff.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance, networking and operating system expertise, project management, and serve as an escalation resource for all technical needs.
- Will serve as a hands-on manager and have the ability to perform network and server administration tasks as required.
- Coordinate and execute upon approved adjustments and changes that increase performance and availability.
- Provide network design, definition and coordination of standards, project management, and technology research.
- Manage all related vendor supportcontracts for hardware, software, and connectivity.
- Provide ongoing review of capacity requirements in order to align with budget planning.
- Provide up-to-date system and network documentation and inventories.
- Ensure integrity and availability of services through continuous assessment of network operations.
- Provide advance notification of all planned system and network outages and set realistic expectations on availability.
- Assess technical risk and mitigation plans.
- Scout for and evaluate new technology and tools as opportunities for innovation and development excellence.
- Oversees technical design documentation process for correctness and timeliness.
- Provides input to the other disciplines on the practicality of initial design goals and impact to the overall project timeline.
- Helps to identify high risk areas for projects.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards including Change Management.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Lead and develop IT staff to greater levels of effectiveness and efficiency in building a high-performance team.
- Monitor and report on staff performance, conduct regular one-on-one sessions; complete mid-year and year-end performance evaluations.
- Responsible for hiring, terminations and promotions of IT staff.
- Provide performance management feedback, career coaching, conflict management and training opportunities that assist in overall staff development.
- Provide feedback to senior management on process/procedure or operational improvement opportunities.
- 7+ years technologyexperience
- 5+ years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, Cloud, Azure, AWS, etc.
- 2+ years of successful leadership of a networkinfrastructure team
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards in all layers of the OSI/Internetworking Model., This includes Core Switching / Routing, TCP/UDP host level communication, application level protocol analysis (SSL, HTTP, CIFS, FTE, etc.). IPSec/VPN, DNS/DHCP, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Active Directory, Group Policies
- Conversant with programming languages such as .Net, PHP
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to company operations
- Hands-on experiencetroubleshooting hardware such as routers, bridges, switches, hubs, network interface cards, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles
- Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CCIE or CCNA Certifications
- 5+ years of management experience
- 8+ years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, Cloud, Azure, AWS, etc.