Sr Network Engineer
The Sr Network Consulting Engineer's role is to ensure that WWT/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment and operations of core route/switch and data center networks. This individual provides technical guidance and leadership to the customer and project engineering team and ensures project timelines are being met. They will be the technical point of contact for the customer and provide design, migration and deployment guidance.
This is a national opportunity that requires up to 75% travel.
- Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services as a post sales consultant to WWT's Commercial Enterprise clients.
- Create Low Level and High Level design of data center networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco hardware to include: Cisco enterprise level L3 switching and Nexus 7K/5K/2K platforms
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware appliances.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry best practices
- Experience with logical network design models (L2/L3, WAN, Network Optimization, Spanning tree, VFR, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Working technical knowledge of advanced Layer 2 technologies (LISP and VXLAN)
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- Experience with Large-scale WAN deployments preferred.
- 3 or more years' experience working in the WAN (Wide Area network) is desired.
- SD-WAN (IWAN, Viptela) implementation and migration experience desired. Experience with SD-WAN technologies (Versa, Riverbed, Silver Peak, and Velocloud) solutions a plus.
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools (DNA Center, APIC-EM, Cisco Prime) and API scripting with Python and/or Ansible.
- Certifications in CCNP, CCIE R&S and/or Data Center Preferred.
- Cisco partner post sales consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Nexus 7K/5K/2K is required.
- Knowledge or experience with Nexus 9K and ACI is a plus, as well as other SDN solutions, such as VMWare NSX, and Arista
- Knowledge or experience F5 load balancing, Palo Alto technologies, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or seven to ten years equivalent network engineering experience.