The Senior Network Engineer role is to ensure that WWT/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment and operations of core route/switch and data center networks. This individual provides technical guidance and leadership to the customer and project engineering team and ensures project timelines are being met. They will be the technical point of contact for the customer and provide design, migration and deployment guidance. This position will require travel in the region of which the candidate lives.
- Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services as a post sales consultant to WWT's Commercial Enterprise clients.
- Create Low Level and High Level design for Software Defined Infrastructure
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware appliances.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Design and implemented Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
- Understand VMware NSX.
- Able to map SDN per encapsulation protocol
- Design and implemented Cisco EVPN VXLAN.
- Knowledge of firewalls, load balancers, DNS / DHCP, Wireshark, etc.
- Troubleshoot Cisco ACI; hands-on experience with Atomic Counters, Health Scores, Troubleshooting Wizard.
- Understand the Network Management System.
- Familiar with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt.
- Able to customize any of the programming languages (Java, C/C++ or Python using Object-oriented design principles).
- Able to use API as configuration management.
- Familiar with software version management tools such as Git/GitHub.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and cooperate in teams, projects and networks to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or seven to ten years equivalent network engineering experience.