Sr. Network Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of innovation, we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, we work closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 4,000 people and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the sixth consecutive year and was awarded #5 on Glassdoor's 2017 Employees' Choice Awards, honoring the Best Place to Work.
The Sr Network Engineer’s role is to ensure that WWT/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment and operations of core route/switch and data center networks. This individual provides technical guidance and leadership to the customer and project engineering team and ensures project timelines are being met. They will be the technical point of contact for the customer and provide design, migration and deployment guidance. This position will require up to 75% across our Eastern Region covering the northeast and southeast.
- Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services as a post sales consultant to WWT’s Commercial Enterprise clients.
- Create Low Level and High Level design of data center networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco hardware to include: Cisco enterprise level L3 switching and Nexus 7K/5K/2K platforms
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and othernetwork hardware appliances.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Must have at least 7years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry best practices
- Extensive Nexus 7K/5K/2K experiencerequired.
- Experience logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree, VFR, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec, TustSec).
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is preferred.
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- SD-WAN (IWAN, Viptela) implementation and migration experience.
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools (APIC-EM, Cisco Prime) and API scripting with Python
- Certifications in CCNP, CCIE R&S and/or Data Center Preferred.
- Cisco partner post sales consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Nexus 9K and ACI is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience F5 load balancing, Palo Alto technologies, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Related degree in computer science or electricalengineering and/or seven to ten years equivalent networkengineeringexperience.