This is a great opportunity for a Sr. Network Engineer in a growing company. We are looking for the right person to immediately contribute to the team, bring new ideas, take initiative, and grow their career! Our headquarters is located in Buffalo, NY, but the position can also be a remote opportunity for those located outside of the Western, NY area, but must be located within the U.S.
The Senior Network Engineer will act as the technical routing, switching, load balancing and firewall expert for production and development networks. These networks are housed within private and public cloud environments. The Senior Network Engineer will also work closely with the Platform and Application teams as well as the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Linux Systems teams. Strong Service Level Agreement (SLA) responsibilities and strict change control are synonymous with this role.
- Responsible for the install, configuration, and lifecycle management of all Network devices. [IPS, Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, VoIP Phone systems, Wireless, Firewalls, etc.].
- Migration and support of traditional private cloud environments to public cloud.
- Identify and deploy automated solutions, wherever possible.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
- Monitor and help architect solutions to ensure network capacity, performance, and functionality are within acceptable standards for our clients and vendors
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the security team
- Actively participate in the architecture and installation of carrier class solutions with other teams
- Write documentation, policy and procedures pertaining to the network and its integrity
- Perform on-call duties, as required
- CCNP preferred, CCNA mandatory
- 5+ years professional Network Engineering experience required.
- Carrier or ISP level experience with firewalls, load balancers VPN, routing, switching QoS
- Network automation experience
- High Level Cisco command line knowledge
- Functional in Linux command line
- Docker/Kubenetes knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication