Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provisioning, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting all Internet-related systems
- Collaborate with peers to identify risks and gaps, determine level of effort and timeline, and develop execution plans
- Perform a capabilities assessment of network services and technologies including inter-dependencies to support our services
- Produce network documentation, and all typical design documentation of services
- Implement standards for networkproducts and services with respect to monitoring and overall management, including but not limited to configuration management, vulnerability management and process management for continual service improvement
- Provide input into networking requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on meeting demands of a rapidly growing and scaling regional service
- This position will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links
- Take ownership of engineering projects/ tasks and work to successful completion
- Contribute towards new and on-going technology projects
- Strong customer communication skill is required
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidate must demonstrate a history of self-sufficiency in managing core systems and services with examples where candidate takes pride in the accurately completed task or project. Candidate must demonstrate a history of producing accurate quality administrative work that maintains services availability to customers through maintenance windows and project implementations.
The position requires both a high degree of technical competence in networking and direct senior level customer contact. Interpersonal skills and communications are a must.
A valid driver's license is required.
Education and/or Experience:
Experiencewith large networks, redundancy design, high availability, transport networking. Previous Internet help desk, networksupport, network certifications (CCIE), wireless LAN / WAN, and experiencewith Passive Optical Networks are a plus.
High level of experiencewith analyzing / resolving network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide peer training to colleagues where required. Good knowledge of Data Center, Virtualization, Monitoring and AAA systems.
- IP Routing: BGP,OSPF, EIGRP, IGP
- LAN /WAN /WWAN /VLANs
- MPLS: VPN, Traffic Engineering
- Multicast VPN
- Cisco IOS, NX-OS, IOS-XR
- Hardware specifications: Catalyst, Nexus, ASR, Calix, Metaswitch, Adtran,
We are looking for a Systems Integration Technician that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a Systems Integration Technician, we expect that you understand the issues involved with administering and maintaining ISP infrastructures.
Job Type: Full-time
- Networking: 5years
- Virtualization: 3years
- Data Center: 3years
Required licenses or certifications:
- valid driver's license