This is a senior network engineering position. The position is responsible for cost justifying new system purchases, implementing projects, leading projects, and for the analysis and repair of networkinfrastructure.
- Evaluate the network for performance, scalability, and security.
- Provide recommendations to network configurations and topologies to improve operational performance.
- Review current network configuration to identify and mitigate major risk areas.
- Define and maintain Network operations processes and procedures.
- Define and maintain Service and Operational Level Agreements and report compliance to management.
- Define and maintain Network build standards and processes.
- Define and maintain Disaster Recovery processes and procedures.
- Technical consultant, representing networkinfrastructure in assigned projects.
- Assist Associate members and Service Desk Technicians with questions and problems.
- Keep abreast of technical changes that would benefit the Network Engineering team.
- Strict adherence to policy, processes and change control.
- Update Network Operations Documentation as it pertains to assigned servers and services.
- Recommend and implement updates and upgrades.
- Take a leading role in regularly scheduled maintenance and upgrades to Network devices.
- Keep manager informed of work status, problems or potential problems.
- Continue education in an applicable area of the network.
- Participate in On-Call rotation.
- Provide leadership to the Network Engineering Team.
- Requires 10+ years of Network Engineering experience
- Associates Degree or comparable technical degree
- Working experience and knowledge of the following: TCP/IP, BGP, SIP, and MPLS
- Specific knowledge of Cisco networking products including Nexus switches and Meraki Appliances.
- Experience F5 BIG IP Load Balancers, specific with GTM, LTM, and APM
- Experience with PaloAlto Firewalls.
- Experience with design and implementation of wireless architecture, preferably Aruba
- Ability to utilize network capture output to troubleshoot application performance issues.
- Ability to work directly with 3rd party service delivery partners for successful network deployment and operations.
- Good self-direction and follow-through
- Can research and present solutions and alternatives
- Good problem solving skills.
- Service oriented.
- Communicates well with users and management.
- Ability to work with various personality types.
- Handles stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Good organizational skills and record keeping skills.
- Willing to put in extra time as needed.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends on an on-call basis.
- 4 year College degree in Management of Information Systems or Computer Science.