NetMotion Software is looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to work on our IT team out of our Victoria office. This team member will develop and maintain functional and secure networks. To optimize the network for our users, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture. If you’re also passionate about security and data protections, we’d love to chat!
As our Sr. Network Engineer, you will:
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN, SDWAN)
- Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, software upgrades, patch management.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports on a regular basis to (upper) management.
- Resolve helpdesk tickets by troubleshooting on-prem and cloud infrastructure for all NetMotion office locations
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor IT team members on technical issues
- Assist our security team in implementing and ensuring all proper security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery) are in place and working as expected.
- Communicate with employees on networking issues
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP, CCIE)
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Experience with SDWAN is desirable.
- Previous experience working on Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, Firepower, WiFi and ASR devices
- Previous experience working in a VMWare environment – experience with NSX desirable