From the beginning, Hotwire Communications has been focused on the future – bringing the power and speed of fiber optics directly to customers. We were among the first companies in the US to offer IPTV Video and the first to offer gigabit speeds in Florida.
And that leadership continues.
We are looking for team members who are passionate about technology and what it means for all our lives. We are looking for leaders to drive us into the future and we are looking for individuals who are prepared to do whatever it takes to create a truly exceptional customer experience day in and day out.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in Hotwire core network architecture development, including network evolution and vision, market expansions, new technologies roll out, MPLS, IPv6, product offering etc…
- Design, engineer and deploy BGP and OSPF Area-0 changes and upgrades
- Contribute to Hotwire network security tasks relevant to BGP and OSPF
- Provide strong technical leadership to junior engineers and technical resources from other department
- Interact and represent Hotwire with peering and transit partners/vendors and other standards consortium
- On-call as one of the Sr. escalation engineering resource
What You Need to Bring
- + 3-5 years as Sr. Network Engineer in a service provider in a similar role
- + 5-10 years of relevant IP networking experience working for service providers or Telecom vendor
- + Excellent understanding of BGP and OSPF including daily operations of both protocols for large networks
- + Strong understanding and practical experience with IP Multicast
- + Network security experience, including firewall and IDS/IPS appliances/functions
- + Excellent communication skills
- + Understanding of IPTV, preferably Mediaroom or Minerva and video compression
- + Alcatel-Lucent IP Routing certified or equivalent experience.