GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS3 task order INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
The F5 engineer will be responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the F5 BIG IP infrastructure supporting the INSCOM network.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in supporting F5 load balancers with Big-IP LTM, DNS, AFM, APM and ASM
- Perform daily operational tasks submitted by customers through ticket system
- Prepare network or infrastructure Visio topology diagrams, write Standard Operating Procedures, maintenance plans and provide status reports as required, participate in data calls and other operational and maintenance tasks
- Troubleshoot network problems, network device configurations and coordinate with various department administrators to facilitate connectivity issue resolution
- Design technical solutions
- Participate in the development and support of GISA and INSCOM technical requirements
- Champion a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing standard methodologies and success and building positive relationships
- Can deliver technical presentations to include whiteboards at CxO level through to detailed technical staff.
- System administrator skills with UNIX, Microsoft or application knowledge
- Proven grasp of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security (e.g., Layer 4-7, firewall, DDoS, etc)
- Industry and F5 Networks-targeted technologies i.e. Application Delivery Control, Application Access Control, SSL intercept/inspection, and Web Application Firewall Security.
Requires 5+ years overall IT experience working in a large enterprise environment with the internal processes of a federal governmental structure and its mandates
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with clients
- Experience with Cisco network technologies
- Significant experience with supporting and maintaining F5 Big-IP load balancers to include set-up, maintenance, upgrades and replacement of the latest generation of F5s
- Extensive experience with Big-IP LTM and ASM modules in a large shared environment
- Demonstrate an ability to craft and understand iRules
- Experience with TCPDump, Wireshark and analyzing network traffic
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP network models and provide examples
- Experience working in a large SDLC environment
- Experience analyzing security impacts and risks to websites, explain crafting ASM policies with examples.
- Experience in custom SSL, ciphers, and LTM traffic performance optimization
- Experience with supporting and maintaining wireless networks
- Intermediate knowledge of networking and systems administration; and the ability to troubleshoot problems
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification - Sec+CE or equivalent
- One of the following Computing Environment Certifications:
- F5 Certified Solution Expert
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel maybe required to support the mission
High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience