Position Summary: A Network Engineer is expected to be a network professional with experience in complex data and telecommunications systems design, development, management, and evaluation. Provides full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment for all levels of security classification. Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
Great team player with positive attitude, has VERY good Visio documentation skill and possess exceptionally high customer service skill and commitment to excellent customer support.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN and MAN Infrastructure
- Work with team members to deploy Cisco network equipment for LAN/WAN solutions
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
- Conduct Site Survey and Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Perform network administration duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects & O&M as required
- Some after hours On-call support and travel maybe required
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Must have Secret clearance and be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- CCNA or CCNP certification required
- 7+ years of Network Engineering experience
- Project management experience in relation to Network Engineering/Architecture projects is highly desired
- Wide Area Networks experience
- Large-Scale Network Exp. with MPLS and BGP
- Experience with building out network, Design/Documentation
- Routing/Switching on a Large-Scale Network
- Deep understanding of network management, and security standards and industry best practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of security protocols,
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Experience deploying Quality of Service (QoS) in LAN/WLAN environments in support of multimedia and voice applications.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across multiple teams.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.