We are looking for candidates to help deliver full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, you will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. Together we will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
Criterion Systems is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Implements and configures networking products, LAN design, implementation, diagnostics, performance, and management.
- Participates in monthly program reviews.
- Provides support to the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) of a system and all customer requirements to maintain the ATO through continuous monitoring activities.
- Leads or supports the design, development and hardware build-out of networked datacenter racks.
- Develops detailed engineering packages for the team to use for rack buildout.
- Supports new and existing racks and associated Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) components and cable installation include rack-to-rack cable installations.
- Performs and documents rack and component audits.
- Performs problem isolation and resolution of problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions.
- Plans, evaluates, coordinates, tests, installs and successfully implements new and existing hardware across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and other network and rack components.
- Installs patches and maintains accurate records of network/hardware changes and patch/update levels.
- Performs network management functions such as network monitoring, maintenance, IA, performance measurement and reporting.
- Performs vulnerability scans (e.g., Harris STAT, Retina) as requested.
- Performs updates to network devices including firewalls, NIDS, switches, and routers.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions, network policies, and procedures.
- May need to coordinate third-party maintenance for network and rack equipment.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance and must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience managing LANs
- Strong understanding of network technologies, services, security, and management
- Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Excellent knowledge of OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
- Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment.
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Familiarity of configuration management.
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions
- Experience with physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers including Red Hat Satellite Servers
- Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. 8 years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security (DoD 8570.1 IAT Level III)