Sr Network Engineer (Cisco)
Determines network/system and/or database requirements for designing and developing hardware, software and communications solutions. Responsible for planning, installing, configuring, maintaining and distributing system software and/or databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications and 8 yrs of experience or an equivalent amount of education and experience
- Minimum of 8years’ network and system administration and experiencesupporting network protocols, systems and products (Cisco, Aruba, F5, LifeSize, HP)
- Minimum of 5years of experienceworking with load balancers, firewalls and wireless technologies and security
- Minimum of 7years of experienceworking with layer 2 and 3 routing, and WAN related technology, including EIGRP, BGP, OSPF PfR, VRFs, MPLS, DMVPN, VTP, HSRP, VPN and QoS.
- One or more active networking certifications are desirable such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- Strong knowledge of data communications principles, architectures and protocols including TCP/IP, routing, switching, VoIP, SIP, WAN and Ethernettechnologies to design and implement efficient network configurations and interoperability troubleshooting skills (data, voice and video)
- Deep knowledge of the practices and principles of telecommunication systems analysis, planning, design, and problem resolution
- Maintain and update documentation of the network connectivity, topology and system
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills