The USCG TISCOM TESS program provides critical services and support to meet the demands of the USCG mission. TISCOM responsibilities include providing reliable enterprise IT services and responsive technical support for Coast Guard men and women around the globe as it develops, deploys, and supports the information technology (IT) infrastructure for the USCG Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) (e.g., CGOne), Secret Internet Protocol RouterNetwork (SIPRNet), and Top Secret (e.g., Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System [JWICS], Gold) networks for land, aviation, and sea based assets.
Requirements include O&M of existing systems to engineering/deployment of new capabilities. At the highest levels assess and evaluate current satellite communications and network computing infrastructure; design, document, test and implement satellite communications, network services, and devices going forward to large scale integration. Provide system and product training to lower level network engineers. Develops and maintain prescribed procedures to be followed routinely in the form of standard operating procedures. Develops, maintain and implement a proactive capacity planning model to support business decisions. Detects, identify and perform complex problem isolation and resolution throughout the networkarchitecture. Develops root-cause analysis of network related problems and is the focal point of all problem resolution. Utilize monitoring, mapping and alerting software to perform network management by proactively collecting data and conducting real-time analysis of the performance of the network. Conducts research, evaluate and recommends cost effective networked solutions, and new technologies to support the technology strategies of the core business. Responsible for key engineering projects of higher complexity and importance than those usually assigned to lower level engineers. Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages. Provides knowledgeable consulting, technical guidance and leadership to technical review boards; configuration control boards; developers, engineers and senior managers.
- Installs, configures, and supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), satellite communications network, intranet, internet, and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Plans, designs, evaluate, selects, and upgrades systems; configures hardware and software; and provides system security.
- Acts as the lead for oversight and support of customer networks.
- Provides maintenance, operation, and analysis of networks, routers, switches, and monitoring equipment.
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, voice, and video) requirements, designs, and orders.
- Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided for hardware and communications facilities to develop and implement methodologies for analysis, installation, and support of satellite communications systems.
- Plans new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to ensure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Evaluates new networktechnologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network.
- Oversees network control center.
- Provides support to projects that involve networks.
- Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network
- Maintains network hardware and software.
- Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and performs necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Must possess a BS or BA or equivalent plus 6 years of related experience.
- Must understand the Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) and the regional architectural requirements for interfacing and securing Defense communications.
- Must understand the Joint Information Environment (JIE) cybersecurity posture for the JIE-JRSS deployment.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding and engineeringexperience with the following areas: Commercial Aviation Satellite Communications systems; Commercial and Military Radio Communications Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Radio Frequency (RF) Systems; Cisco Command Line Interface and Engineering/configuration on routers and switches.
- Must be able to integrate aviation and cutter satellite communications into the USCG enterprise IP data network.
- Must possess good communication and documentation skills with the ability to move fluidly between support, documentation, and project work.
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- A mid-level or senior-level vendor certification such as a Cisco or Juniper certification.
Requisition ID RQ6351