Sr. Network Engineer
The role of Network Engineer III is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services across Global Company working withother engineers, vendors and various IT Teams. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. The Network Engineer will lead the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Subject matter expert in the local network design for a Global Company sites including offices, warehouses and factory floor environments.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, routers, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Ensure strong cybersecurity with design, enhancement, and implementation of edge security firewalls and VPNs.
- Establish network connections between Global Company Data Centers and cloud services.
- Maintain design and configuration of Global Company Data Centers core networks and connections with Company operating facilities.
- Establish and document network standards, configurations and scripts for product and technology use and reuse.
- Design and maintain the networkrequired for Company disaster recovery solutions ensuring minimal business interruption
- Configure networks used across Global Company to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and othernetwork appliances.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Practice networkasset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage all networksecurity solutions.
- Perform securityaudits
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent technical experience.
- Proven technical expertise in LAN and WANinfrastructure, wireless networking and firewalls
- Experienceworking with Cisco routers, switches, Nexus 7k, and ASA firewalls.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills needed to provide effective customer service.
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others and contributes ideas to solve problems.
- Knowledge of a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and solve user problems in a calming manner.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex logical and interpersonal issues.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to all levels of the user community, translate technical language to lay audiences, and organize and manage priorities.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- 7-10years technical experience implementing global enterprise networks.